Double Hung Windows – Louisville
When it comes to installing double hung windows in your home, look no further than Window World of Louisville. Whether you are looking to select windows for a new home, or you need to replace your current windows, double hung windows from Window World are a classic option that come in a variety of styles and sizes. All of our double hung windows are built for easy cleaning and maintenance, and are backed by our Limited Lifetime Warranty. Learn more below!
2000 Series Double Hung Window
Express your unique personal style with custom-made 2000 Series windows. The slimline design optimizes glass area for maximum view while our fusion-welded sash construction provides years of trouble-free operation. They are a smart, gracious addition to your home, providing a lifetime of beauty, comfort and convenience. 2000 Series windows tilt-in for easy maintenance–and never need scraping or painting. Why heat and cool the neighborhood? 2000 Series windows can help lower your energy bills with excellent all-weather insulation performance. And all 2000 Series windows are available in a variety of replacement window styles, including double-hung, sliding and picture window styles. A great investment, 2000 Series windows will help to pay for themselves through lower energy costs, freedom from maintenance and increased property values. And all 2000 Series windows are covered by our impressive Lifetime Limited Warranty.*
2000 Series Features
- Fully extruded lift rails for strength and durability
- Fusion-welded sashes for added strength & rigidity
- Sloped sill forces water to drain to the exterior
- Double barrier-fin weather- stripping at sash sides
- Protective hollow bulb seal at the sill for added weather protection
4000 Series Double Hung
4000 Series windows from Window World are beautiful as well as remarkably solid, sturdy and stable. Our beveled mainframe design is exceptionally slim and refined. Their sleek construction easily complements any type of architecture. You will find that 4000 Series vinyl frames will never chip, peel, crack or warp, and are maintenance free. The 4000 Series tilt-in sashes make cleaning a pleasure due to our effortless tilt latch. The ultimate choice for beauty, comfort and energy efficiency. The 4000 Series windows help to pay for themselves through lower energy costs, freedom from maintenance and increased property value. Our impressive Lifetime Limited Warranty* delivers the peace-of-mind you would expect from an industry leader.
4000 Series Features
Best-in-Class Performance Features:
- Reinforced narrow silhouette frame and sash profiles make a statement of style with their low-profile design. The result is a beautiful and expanded glass area. At the same time, internal chambers increase structural integrity, rigidity and energy efficiency.
- Composite meeting-rail reinforcement allows for secure mounting of hardware; the non-conductive material helps reduce the transfer of energy.
- End-of-throw cam shift locking delivers increased strength and protection to the recessed lock. It also includes an “unlocked” indicator.
- The smooth and uniform, true sloped sill quickly directs water runoff without the use of weep holes, keeping the exterior of the window clean and attractive.
- Our telescoping sill dam delivers a triple payoff: protection from air and water infiltration, increased structural stability and enhanced beauty.
- When extreme wind and weather hit, our proprietary sill interlock stands strong. Traditional sloped sill designs can allow the sash to bow during powerful winds, but with our interlocking sash-to-sill technology, the sash is channeled firmly into the window frame for a unified wall of strength.
- Our innovative screen bulb seal creates a snug fit that eliminates light and insect penetration between the screen and frame. It also aids in easy screen installation and removal.
Additional Sliding Window Features:
- Sashes glide horizontally for easy opening and closing.
- Both sashes lift out for convenient cleaning.
- Nylon-encased dual brass roller system for smooth gliding performance.
Insulated Glass Packages to Meet Your Needs.
Maximize your energy savings by choosing a high-performance SolarZone™ insulated glass† package to meet your specific climate challenges. The lower the U-Value, the less energy you’ll need to heat your home. The lower the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC), the more you’ll conserve on air-conditioning.
|Thermal Performance Comparison4|
|SolarZone ThermD Elite||0.27||0.21||0.27||0.21|
|SolarZone ThermD iE||0.27||0.30||0.27||0.30|
composite reinforcements. ST and HP performance values are also available.
|Window World 4000||0.4||6.0||DP40|
6000 Series Double Hung
The superior performance of 6000 Series windows starts with innovation. Every precision-engineered component contributes to superior energy savings. The multi-chamber design helps trap dead air to produce an effective insulating barrier, while extra-thick, fusion-welded frames and sashes provide superior structural strength and create a permanent barrier against air and moisture infiltration, adding up to greater energy savings and lower utility bills. 6000 Series windows feature a sloped sill helping to prevent air and water infiltration while maintaining a timeless, detailed appearance. Beveled mainframes on double-hung and sliding windows complement any home style. Best yet, 6000 Series windows are covered by Window World of Louisville’s impressive Lifetime Limited Warranty for complete peace-of-mind.
6000 Series Features
- Quad 4 weatherstripping at the header
- Triple-barrier weatherstripping between sash and jamb
- Compression bulb seal at the sill for further weather protection
- Hidden screen track produces clean lines
- Fully extruded lift rails for strength & durability
- Fusion-welded sash & mainframe adds strength and rigidity
Double Hung 6000 Window Technical Details
- Vinyl frames and sashes will never chip, peel, crack or warp, tough and solid with virgin vinyl with color is formulated throughout so the beautiful luster lasts.
- Airtight insulating chambers help reduce conduction and cut high energy bills.
- Quad 4 weatherstripping at the header adds even more protection from the elements.
- Insulated glass unit with optimal air space improves year-round performance.
- PPG Interlock™ Warm Edge Spacer System maximizes window performance and Longevity.
- Interlock at sash meeting rails create a super-tight seal against air infiltration,providing security, comfort and well-being.
- Metal reinforcement adds strength at the meeting rails.
- Drop-in glazing provides energy efficiency as well as interior aesthetic appeal.
- Compression bulb seal at the sill creates an all-season weather barrier.
- Sloped sill ensures quick water to drainage to the exterior.
- Hidden Screen track produces clean lines and added beauty.
- A fusion-welded sash and mainframe structure for added strength and rigidity. Tough, extra-thick extrusion walls provide the ultimate in welding strength.
- Dual ventilator locks a secure way to keep windows open for proper ventilation.
- Full balance covers help protect against air infiltration while adding a finished look to the window frame.
- Constant force balance system eliminates sash cords, weights and pulleys,and provides easy fingertip operation.
- Tilt-in top and bottom sashes make cleaning safe and easy from inside the home.
- Triple-barrier weatherstripping between the sash and jamb for superior protection from air and water infiltration.
- Full or half fiberglass screens provide ventilation while keeping insects out.
[cta-block]Think double-hung windows could be right for your Louisville home? Contact us today for your free home estimate![/cta-block]